If you are like me, your number of spam phone calls has gone up. I am in the national and state Do-Not-Call registries. That worked for a while but the spammers have said screw that. What to do?
Spammers have gotten good at what they do. Many calls with US listings are coming from off-shore. Some just spoof a number. Their bag of tricks is bulging. I am getting a half-dozen a week and I’ve gone out of my way to keep my unlisted phone away from most eyes.
I recently downloaded an Android app that has made life a lot easier. The iPhone doesn’t do as well. iOS is just to locked up. That’s good in many instance but not for this one.
Should I Answer
If you don’t have a type checked you get this.
• Displays phone number rating immediately when phone starts ringing
• Does not touch or display ratings for your numbers stored in contacts!
• Works offline – uses offline rating database (internet connection not needed)
• Fast access to detailed phone number information and user reviews
• Fast access to write own review
Optional Blocking Features
• Blocks calls from hidden numbers
• Blocks calls to premium rate numbers
• Blocks calls to foreign countries
• Blocks calls from/to negative rated numbers
• Blocks calls from numbers defined on private block list
• Can blocks all calls from numbers which are not in contact list!
• Never blocks or touch any number from your contact list!
Online Manual: Shouldianswer.net/mobile-manual/7
As it says, it has very configurable options. What happens if it get a spam call it knows about is to quickly disconnect. No way for them to pollute you voice mail. I add to the database if one slips through. With the database on the phone, there’s no data cost.
It is waiting in the app store for trial.